Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Fighting For My Seat

After listening to words of wisdom at a recent retreat, I wanted to express my gratitude to the speaker so I got in line to talk to him.

What I heard in his speech was encouraging, honoring my feelings of being valued. I walked away with inspiration, understanding at a deeper level that everything and everyone has worth and what we say is important. 

I was up next.

There were people scattered around talking, among them was my friend standing next to me.

When it came to my turn, two men suddenly jumped ahead of me and started talking with the speaker.

Wait a minute. What just happened?

Didn't they see me? I was next.

Standing there feeling humiliated, my friend validated my feelings, telling me I deserved my place in line, ironically hearing the same message from the speaker. 

Feeling empowered, I nudged myself forward, squirming my way to where I belonged, fighting for my seat.

I have value. What I have to say is important. It’s my turn.

It was one of those times when I had that ‘aha’ moment, then a chance to experience the lesson at the same time. It was divine timing.

The first words that came out of my mouth was, ‘I am fighting for my seat’, and we all felt the spirit of the lesson.

Is there a time in your life when your place in line has been threatened? Do you have to fight for your seat?

Everyone has value and what we say is important.

For me, it all came together in a moment of clarity just when I needed to hear it.


No comments:

Post a Comment