Saturday, February 14, 2015

Not 'Shoulding' On Myself

While looking at a sock left behind in my washer, I’m reminded that this happens way too many times.  Could this be blamed on getting older and forgetful? 

I’m not willing to surrender, yet. Today I have a different perspective.

Now I see a gratitude list.




I gladly leave behind any ‘shoulds’ and reflect what I really ‘want’ to do.

My decision to wear comfortable clothes builds my confidence in not worrying about ‘fitting in’ to what the fashion expects think.

Accepting what is ‘normal’ in my life, what other people think is none of my business.

Being ok with not knowing what tomorrow will bring, God has got it covered.

The ‘leaving behind’ theory means that my children are healthy adults and now it’s my turn to ‘raise’ a happy and healthy aging woman.

There is a freedom in my life today that gives me permission to say no when I want to and yes when it feels right. This gives me an opportunity to love with all my heart and live in gratitude.

What I am discovering is that 'it is what it is' and realizing that I don't have to be perfect, not being so hard on myself. Doing the best I can is enough.

Welcome to my bountiful midlife adventure!





No comments:

Post a Comment