Monday, February 2, 2015

A Simple Task to Become You

There is an advantage of having a routine in my daily life. It offers me stability and comfort. I thrive in that environment.

Since I have been exploring a deeper sense of who I am, I make it a point of doing things I don’t ordinarily do.  Out of my routine. Different.

When I reach a level of comfort, sometimes I become stagnant; stop growing and I lose my inspiration. Uncomfortable as it may be, doing something different can help me to move forward, challenging me to grow.

A mother can relate when her toddler outgrows their infant size clothes, replacing it with a size that better fits them.

Someone fresh out of college may work at a doldrum job to gain experience then follows her visionary path in a different field.

I love to write but it doesn’t come naturally. I challenged myself to join Seth Godin’s Your Turn Challenge, blogging for 7 days. It changed my life’s perspective by doing the difficult task of describing in detail my thoughts, feelings and inspirations. A life changing experience.

A routine can be comforting but when you lose your inspiration and realize that it’s not working anymore, I encourage you to make a commitment to challenge yourself by moving out of your ordinary routine. Chances are better that you will discover more about yourself and become the person you really want to be.

Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. ~ George Bernard Shaw






4 comments:

  1. As another challenger wrote to me last week I'm scared to do this, which probably means I ought to!". It's like exercise: if you don't get out of your comfort zone you don't grow stronger.
    Thanks Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A whooping amen to that, Ann. Right on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a journey this has been! Many blessings. Thank you!

      Delete