Sunday, August 9, 2015

Lucy and Ethel Take a Spiritual Road Trip

While rolling down the highway, the antics of the popular 1950's television series, Love Lucy, came to mind.

My friend Melissa (Ethel) and I (Lucy) agreed to cast an exploring eye at the house of my son and his wife of unwanted spirits making their presence known by their shadowy mischievous presence, creaking around making their homestead uncomfortable. With my GPS in hand, we’re ready for a midlife adventure down the highway in an unfamiliar area.

Ethel Mertz, “I’m not gonna do it!”
Lucy Ricardo, “You haven’t even heard my idea!”
Ethel Mertz, “You thought it up. That’s enough for me.”



And the adventure begins!



Lucy shrieks, “Ethel, did we just pass Exit 141? Turn around over there at the roundabout and don’t go over the curb.”

“I’m following these directions from your robotic GPS woman who keeps yelling, “U TURN… U TURN!”, Ethel cries out as they go around in circles.

“Do you think maybe we’re going where we’re not wanted?” Lucy puzzling over their wild ride adventure.

“A fine mess you’ve gotten us into now, Lucy” taking them through an unexpected maze that made them dizzy.



Our turbulent journey’s end came to a screeching halt when we arrive suddenly at a dead end road. Looking at the house and then each other, we cautiously take steps out of the sedan with a watchful eye.

The home appeared to be weathered by time, the landscape unkempt and a lone tree guarding its fenceline. Ethel hugs Lucy’s arm, moving up the sidewalk, closer to the entrance  when she spotted a beautiful green butterfly clinging to the window screen and says, “Lucy, look up there!”

Lucy embraces the fate of the butterfly who is opening its wings, “yes, I think this cute little thing is giving us a message.”



“Oh Lucy, that’s just a coincidence!” Ethel muttered. They were taken aback by this vibrant insect’s appearance in what appeared to be a lifeless homestead.

Lucy responds, “I know there’s nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there’s nothing to.”

“Ugh, I’m not sure why I came, but let’s just go in” surrenders Ethel.

The friends' detective work stopped cold when they bellowed together, “There is no key here!” “Dang it”, we chanted together. Pass key was absent from the designated hiding place.

“Time to go home, Lucy!” Ethel said.



“I have a plan” her friend snapped back.

Ethel grunted, “I’m still recuperating from your last plan. If I had known THIS is what friends were for, I’d have signed up as an enemy.”

Lucy surmised, “I’m not giving up, it’s just a feeling I have. There may be a better way to move those spirits where they need to go!”

“I’m just not feeling anything, but I’m here, so let’s just hear your idea!” Ethel responds. “what are you pulling out of there?”

Lucy reached into her bag pulling out healing crystals and sage explaining, “if we can’t go in then we’re gonna eliminate those unwelcomed spirits from the outside.”

Just then Ethel begged, “What’s the matter?”

“I felt the darkness coming from the door!”



“Oh no, Lucy, you must be wrong!” Ethel bellowed.

“No, I’m not and we have what we need to finished them off.”

As the sage billowed smoke around the area and the crystals laid assuredly in the dirt, the friends ran to their car leaving, accomplishing what they set out to do.




  

2 comments:

  1. I love this- gave me a big smile. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure was an adventure Rosie! Thank you for reading. For me, these stories came when you least expect it, how about you?

    ReplyDelete