Sunday, June 7, 2015

Help Is On The Way... Or Is It? A Turtle Story



It happened one early Sunday morning on my midlife adventure when my coffee run was met by a turtle crossing a busy boulevard that led me to my destination. I quickly landed my car off to the center lane to rescue this terrestrial reptile from impending doom by the traffic that was about to arrive.

This could be the end of the story but the dejection that soon followed was a surprise to me.

On his way to freedom, I confidently place him on the seat thinking he’d stay nestled in his shell but with breakneck speed, he took off running.

I snapped him up only to be met with him relentlessly trying to bite me as he was relieving himself all over my seat.

My car was gaining speed as I was trying to reason with this turtle and apparently, it wasn’t working because he just didn’t care that I wanted to help him.

We both celebrated when my car rolled up to anywhere green when we mercifully ran out of the idling car, releasing this ungrateful turtle.

As I mulled over what happened, it dawned on me how it may look when we’re not favorably welcoming the help we receive along the way. We can come to the aid of one another and count our blessings that we’re not on this life journey alone.


Morale of the Story: Don’t bite the hand that feeds (rescues) you.

No comments:

Post a Comment