Saturday, May 2, 2015

Taking It On The Road...

Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” ~ George Bernard Shaw



The day I was born, my destiny has been mapped out from the beginning in a direction I’ve found to be true in my later years. The little voice was always unfolding my true self but it’s taking many years to really listen. There have been many avenues in my life of opportunities to grow and create myself, turning my life into an inspiring and exhilarating adventure.

I have memories of tagging along in the back seat listening to my Mom and Aunt tittle-tattle about the family while road tripping to visit a friend many states away. I discovered at a young age the wonderment of nature as I stood in the middle of the trees with my Dad searching for the perfect delectable mushroom. Traveling and nature are part of my DNA.

When arriving on my calendar today, I notice each month of 2015 filled with exploring new opportunities in a variety of states across the county.  I am excited about taking these favorable moments, wandering through these down the road.
My inspiration is to openly and willingly explore where this adventure takes me, discovering nature and reaching out to listen to people (and myself) along the way.

  • Traveling across my home state of Missouri to Kansas City to take part in a healing retreat while sharing a hiking trail with a dear friend. (April)
  • In Lincoln, Illinois, I will be at the Christian Women’s Conference at Lincoln Christian University sharing the experience with a delightful and spiritual friend. (April)
  • My bosom friend and I are trekking down to Florida visiting our close friend where I’ll be teaching an Indian Head Massage Workshop to a group of massage therapists at Beach Ready, a spa and wellness center in Seaside. (May)
  • My daughter and I are going on a camping adventure to beautiful Michigan accompanying her to a friend’s wedding. (June)
  • A gathering on July 4th weekend will be celebrated with a much anticipated family reunion at Starved Rock State Park area in Illinois.
  • I am very fortunate to have the opportunity to teach an Indian Head Massage Workshop at Crystal Mountain Massage Therapy School in Albuquerque, New Mexico. During my road trip, I will be checking off my bucket list with a stop to see Bishop Jakes at The Potter House in Dallas, Texas to envelope some inspiration. (August)
Follow me on My Midlife Adventure on a journey discovering a deeper sense of me, sharing my story and what I find on this adventure and more



No comments:

Post a Comment