Monday, March 2, 2015

Flowers For My Mom


It was the last time I saw my Mom. Her place of residence in the facility was adorned with her memories. When she was asleep, I journeyed out to find some token of my love. Banging on the florist’s door was fruitless, the lights were out. Reluctantly a woman opened the door, offering me hope. Compassionately, she arranged a beautiful mix of blossoms. She was a heavenly servant. Awakened from her slumber, my mom’s gentle eyes were fixed on my homage. She replied, “It doesn’t get any better than this”. A lifetime of farewells. Thank you Mom.

Day 5 of 7 day of my 100-word blog challenge.

2 comments:

  1. It doesn't get any better than this!! Brought tears to my eyes..Bravo on the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those moments. Thank you Estelle

    ReplyDelete